Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh, The Places We'll Go...

This blog has moved to a new domain: HurraBier.com. Please take a moment to update your bookmarks.

New URL for this post: http://hurrabier.com/oh-the-places-well-go

When the travel bug bites, it bites hard.

I just got back from San Francisco, and you'd think that my desire to travel would be satiated for awhile.  Not so.  In the last year, I've been on a few trips here and there, but there are so many more that stay on (and keep being added to) the list.  And so many to do before I leave the east coast.  Among them:  Philadelphia to see the city of Brotherly Love, Pittsburgh to see a Steeler's game and eat a famous Primanti Brother's sandwich, a longer visit of Memphis, can't ever get enough of New York, a dive trip in the Florida Keys, and of course North Carolina. 

I have not explored enough of the east coast yet, and one of the places I've been hearing a lot about lately is Asheville, North Carolina.  As a burgeoning indie music and arts scene, it seems like this might be a town I'd really bond with.  The gorgeous wooded landscapes and the serene beaches look amazing, too.  As if that weren't enough, I just heard from my friend Kellan that her parents (Hi Jim and Francene!) recently visited North Carolina, and discovered this amazing beer store called Bruisin' Ales.





With over 800 brews, this is a Mecca for beer geeks everywhere.  Pray to the east, my friends.  They have your everyday favorites, hard to find gems, and even a (gasp!) build your own six-pack program.  It appears to be a colorful and cozy store, very well laid out, and a great example of what I hope to build one day.  Best of luck to the owners, Jason & Julie Atallah! You've already got a fan made outta this girl, and I haven't even been there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment